Thursday, March 7, 2013

HTML man-pages on kernel.org now redirect to man7.org

While things were repaired following the 2011 kernel.org break in, it ceased to be possible to update the HTML man pages renderings that I have for a few years maintained there. So I started placing updated renderings on my own domain, man7.org. Even after the kernel.org infrastructure was fully restored, it was still somewhat cumbersome to update 2000+ HTML pages at that location, so I subsequently continued to update the renderings at only man7.org.

Notwithstanding the fact that they are now significantly out of date, the kernel.org renderings have continued to see a lot of traffic. For that reason, I've asked the kernel.org admins to set redirects from the URLs on kernel.org to equivalent URLs on man7.org. All old links should just work; please let me know if there are any breakages.

1 comment:

Pádraig Brady said...

Cool thanks. I notice in Firefox 13 at least that the text is massive and I need to zoom smaller 3 times to get it back to normal size.